A cold weekend in January we had two family firsts. Lilian was invited to her first real sleepover at her friend, Sadie's, house on Friday night. She has stayed at cousins's houses before and once at Amelia's the night before I was induced with Graham (which is basically family), so we were not sure if she would be successful the whole night or not. They went to the GV Community Center together for the Teddy bear sleepover and left their Teddy bears for the night. Then they went to dinner and home to watch Malificient. Kristie sent me cute pics throughout the night and said she was doing great! The next morning she said right before bed she thought she might have to call me because sis got scared during the movie, but she recovered well! We love that she has a great neighbor friend to start Kindergarten with next year (I am not prepared to have a Kindergartner!)




After the sleepover we picked Lilian up Saturday morning and took Graham for an impromptu first haircut. It was getting a little wild and B was ready for him to get a trim. I was willing to wait, not wanting to let go of his sweet, baby curls, but Mama gave in. One of my mom's best friends, Marilyn, works at Beauty Brands and happened to be working on Saturday when I ran in to get some shampoo....hence the impromptu. Since we had just been talking about it I figured it was a sign that we should go ahead and get a trim. He did better than expected and only got squirmy at the very end. He looks like such a big boy now! I should have done before and after pics. It took me a couple days to come to terms with it, he looked so different!




No comments:
Post a Comment